I’m starting an etsy.com shoppe called KitsuneMaki. KitsuneMaki is Japanese and literally translates to Fox Roll. Once I get the logo finalized I’ll post a pic. I picked KitsuneMaki b/c of several things:
- I’m autodidactic: teaching myself Japanese
- The logo is a sleeping rabbit laying on top of a curled up fox, making them kind of like a sushi roll
- I love foxes and rabbits, tho they are only two of my favorite animals
- The name shows creativity and ingenuity
- It’s intriguing and makes ppl curious about the reason I used it
- My creations (watercolor paintings, handstamped cards, etc) usually have a natural/flora&fauna feel to them
- I love & thrive in nature
Why the title [work] in progress?
I’m still working on obtaining a stamp of my logo.
I’m stocking up on pre[hand]made gift tags, cards, etc. so I have items to list.
I’m gathering shipping supplies for my paintings and cards so they are “ready to ship” listings.
I’m currently disconnected from the world:
- no Facebook (need to make a business profile)
- no Tumblr (now I do!)
- no shop on Etsy (at least no listings yet)
- no Twitter (might hold off on this)
I will probably always have[Work] In Progress because I’ve told myself I will create something everyday, be that a set of gift tags, cards, a watercolor painting, fulfill a custom order, draw, color, study Japanese (creating connections in my brain cells right?), or anything else I can justify as creation!
For now, my Tumblr page will be spare, I apologize, but I’ll work on it as much as I can!